Wood has been a popular option for some cooking utensils, such as spoons and spatulas. It is a great material to cook with for a variety of reasons, and with the right care wood utensils and cutting boards can last decades.
Here are a number of advantages of using wood kitchen tools compared to stainless steel or plastic:
- Wooden utensils won’t scratch cookware. They are nice and quiet to use.
- Wood is an inert material. Wooden utensils won’t react with acid in foods and leave metallic taste.
- Easy to grip handles. The wooden spoon handles are gently rounded and feel nice your hand.
- Design. Another benefit of wooden cookware is that they look fabulously beautiful and elegant. Check out our Home Decor 18 collection.
- Durability. They last as long as you take proper care of them. They are hard to break, and you can stir event the thickest ingredients and they won’t melt.
- Germs and bacteria don’t like wood. It has been proven that germs and bacteria grow much faster on plastic and metal than wooden kitchenware surfaces.
- Environmental responsible choice. Wood is the natural and renewable resource and more environmentally responsible choice. We can help the enviroment by changing some habints in the kitchen.
For inspiration check out some helpful links on how to clean wood or on how to design stylish meals.
How to clean wood – Martha Stewart
Food styling – @prajiturela